How I Spent My Due Date
What I Did On My Due Date (Spoiler: It wasn’t have a baby)
July 24th was my due date for baby number 2. It was also my mom’s anniversary with her late husband. That was supposed to be the day that I delivered my daughter and brought magic back into a day that had previously reminded my family of a great loss.
That’s not what happened.
- Cleaned under my bed
- Cleaned under my sons bed
- Had my husband move all the furniture
- Cleaned under all the furniture
- Set up two baby swings
- Set up a rock and play
- Argued with a four year old about weight limits on baby toys
- Forcibly removed a four year old from a bassinet
- Swept everything
- Vacuumed everything
- Removed ALL the clutter
- Complained that my husband clutters everything he touches
- Removed the clutter again
- Watched my four year old play on the playground
- Cleaned up random sticks from around the playground
- Cleaned the closet
- Swept again
- Vacuumed every crevice
- Mopped the entire house
- Finished all the laundry
- Reorganized the pantry
- Wrote an eight page paper for grad school
- Snuggled my first born
My due date was the most productive day I’ve had in a very long time.
I’d never felt more prepared to give birth than I did the next morning,
and then that didn’t happen either.
So I moved on to organizing the office. :)